Pomegranate health benefits
Every part of the pomegranate has one or the other advantage.Even the seeds if consumed have health benefits. The main point to note is that pomegranate fruit contains a variety of reactive compounds, so, to avoid side effects, consumption of pomegranate juice or fruit should not be more than 100- 150 gm at a time. The juice of pomegranate contains polyphenols and ellagitannins which help in reducing LDL (low density lipoprotein) or bad cholesterol in our body. So, it is good for heart patients. Pomegranate dissolves blood clots. It is a natural blood thinner.
- Provide relief against Diarrhea- Pomegranate provide effective relief against diarrhea. Not only diarrhea, pomegranate juice is effective in other stomach ailments.
- As A Digestive Powder- Pomegranate seeds are used to make the famous anardana (“anar” means pomegranate and “dana” refers to the berries of pomegranate); an extremely digestive churan.
- Pomegranate act as a tonic For tHorta- Gargling with or drinking pomegranate juice helps in getting relief from sore throat.
- As An Eye Drop- Pomegranate juice has proved to be a potential treatment against cataract. The natural phenols, such as ellagitannins and flavonoids present in pomegranate pulp are very good for the eyes. If a child has a high spectacle number, drinking pomegranate juice will help him/her reduce the number in a couple of months.
- Treatment Of Cancer- Pomegranate has found its use in chemotherapy as well. It has anti-carcinogenic effect. Studies have shown that pomegranate extract, provides relief in breast, prostate and lung cancer.
- Also Useful For Diabetes Patients- Pomegranate juice lowers blood cholesterol, thus helpful for diabetes patients also. This juice improves the functioning of beta cells of pancreas and lowers blood sugar levels by maintaining the levels of insulin in the body. Mostly, it has been found to be effective in Type-2 diabetes.