Heart shaped Vegetable Cutlets for Valentine Day kitty party
Ingredients of heart shaped vegetable cutlets
Potatoes – 6
Mixed Vegetables – 3 cups (like green peas, carrots, green beans, corn, etc)
Paneer – 3-4oz
Onions – 1 medium (finely chopped or grated)
Green Chillies – 4 (finely chopped)
Coriander leaves – 3 tblsp (finely chopped)
Ginger & Garlic – 2 tblsp (minced)
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp or to taste
Roasted Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
Chopped Cashews – 4 tblsp
Lemon Juice – 3 tsp
Salt – to taste
Maida – 4 tblsp (for coating the cutlets)
Bread Crumbs – about 1 and 1/2cup (for coating the cutlets)
Oil – for frying
1. Wash and Boil the potatoes and drain them immediately to prevent them from absorbing lot of water. Peel and mash it.
2. Finely chop other vegetables. If you have large quantity use food processor for chopping.
3. Boil the other vegetables too. Squeeze out as much water as possible from the vegetables. Squeezing water from vegetables is a very important step in making good cutlets.
4. In a pan heat2 tsp oil and saute the onions and ginger garlic paste for few minutes.
5. Make a very thin batter with the maida and water. Keep it ready to dip the cutlets.
6. Spread the breadcrumbs also in a plate to coat the cutlets before frying.
Method of making
1. In a big bowl mix the boiled potatoes, grated paneer and vegetables.
2. Add the sauteed onion, ginger garlic mixture, green chillies, lemon juice, chopped cashews, salt, cilantro, cumin powder, turmeric powder and chilly powder.
3. Mix everything together. Taste the mixture and adjust any seasonings as per your taste.
4. Shape into heart shaped patties for valentine day kitty party.
5. Dip each cutlets quickly in the maida batter and then roll it in the bread crumbs. The cutlets should be coated with the bread crumbs on all sides.
6. In the meantime heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
7. Gently drop each cutlet into the oil and fry until it is golden brown on all sides. Alternatively, you can pan fry the cutlets on a tawa too.
Serve these cutlets with green and tomato chutneys. Ladies will really appreciate your efforts and will enjoy the yummy treat.